Monday, January 23, 2012

A new heart is coming into existence....

   It's all different now.The sorrow is different and the joy is different.I do not know anything, of course!I do not understand what it is I live by and I can't express my feelings in words!said mother.
   This is the way it ought to be !Because, mark you,mother dear,,a new heart is growing up in life.All hearts are smitten in the conflict of interests,all are consumed with a blind greed,eaten up with envy,stricken,wounded and dripping with filth,falsehood and cowardice.All people are sick;they are afraid to live;they wander about as in a mist.Everyone feels only his own toothache.But lo,and behold! Here is a man coming and illuminating life with the light of reason and he shouts:Oh,ho!you straying roaches!It's time,high time,for you to understand that all your interests are one,that everyone has the need to live,everyone has desire to grow!The Man who shouts this is alone and therefore he cries aloud;he needs comrades,he feels dreary in his loneliness,dreary and cold.And at his call the staunch hearts unite into one great,strong heart,deep and sensitive as a silver bell not yet cast.And hark!this bell rings forth the message...'Men of all countries,unite into one family!Love is the mother of life not hate!'My brothers!I hear this  message sounding through the world!
     When I lie in bed at night or am out walking alone-everywhere I hear this sound and my heart rejoices.And the earth too-i know it- weary of injustice and sorrow,rings out like a bell,responding to a call and throbs benignly,greeting the new Sun arising in the breast of Man.
      Do you know/There is still much suffering in store for the people, much of their blood will yet flow,squeezed out by the hands of greed;but all that-all my suffering ,all my blood is small price for that which is already stirring in my breast,in my mind,in the marrow of my bones!I am already rich,as a star is rich in golden rays.And I will bear all,I will suffer all because there is within me a joy which no one,which nothing can ever stifle!In this joy there is a world of strength!

No comments:

Post a Comment