Friday, July 29, 2011

Imperfection Never Hurts Anyone!

            When I was a child,my mum liked to make breakfast food for dinner every one and then.I remember one night in particular when she had made breakfast after a long ,hard day at work.
              On that evening so long ago,my mum placed a plate of eggs,sausage and extremely burned biscuits in front of my dad.I remember waiting to see if anyone noticed! Yet all my dad did was reach for his biscuits,smile at my mum and ask me how my day was at school.I don't remember what I told him that night,but I do remember hearing my mom apologize to my dad for burning the biscuits.And I will never forget what he said,"Honey I love burned biscuits."
             later that night ,I went to kiss Daddy goodnight ant I asked him if he really liked his biscuits burned.He wrapped me in his arms and said,"Your momma put in a long hard day at work today and she's real tried.And besides...a burnt biscuits never hurt anyone!"
             You know,life is full of imperfect things....and imperfect people.What I have learned to accept each other's fault and choosing to celebrate each other's differences is one of the most important keys to creating a healthy, growing and lasting relationship.So, please pass me a biscuit.And yes,the burned one will do just fine !
                                                                                          -Author Unknown
              Its an amazing story  featured in one of the edition of Kathmandu Post. The message it relays makes this story worth sharing.Hope u all like it .         

No comments:

Post a Comment