Monday, January 24, 2011

Separate is my story

Separate is my story, orchestra and music is separate
My tavern and bottle and glass are separate.
        Intoxicated is my craving and Dionysus my heart
        My chest is my music and violin is my voice
O religious men!
You've your own religion and I have my own
Your faith is God; and my objective human being
       Your God is delighted with temples, mosques and convents,
        My God feels happy about love, unity and sensitive hearts.
I roamed about, prostrated to the Philosophers, Brahmins and Saints,
My wounds and ailments found ultimate remedy through my own being
        Neither jealousy nor grudge, neither worries nor fear,
        In front of friends and sympathizers my slate is clear.
A friend to friendship I stand, what this enemy can do to me?
In this garden of friendship, enemy too is a flower to me.
        As long as money is dearer than the human beings,
        Up to then the beggar dependant on me will keep ruling me.
To be free, destroy oppression, chase away fear,
This is my craving, my voice and my mission.


Amazing words from late poet Abdul Ahad Azad. It is the English translation of urdu poem. These words holds power to make you sit alone and think deep for hours.Hope you'll take some time alone to think too and really understand the meaning.

No comments:

Post a Comment